Phone: 401-284-1984
Fax: 1-877-900-2819
Click here to email us.

Q.Is it necessary to insure an older car that has a low market value?
A. Most states require drivers to have at least some automobile liability insurance. When and individual suffers losses due to the negligent actions of another individual, these laws help to ensure that victims of automobile accidents receive compensation.

Often, the cost of repairing the damages to an older car is greater than its value. In these cases, the insuring company will usually “total” the car and give you a check for the car’s market value less the deductible. People with older cars may decide not to purchase any physical damage coverage.

Q.How is collision physical damage coverage different from comprehensive physical damage coverage?
A. Collision insurance provides protection against losses you incur when your automobile collides with another car or object. Comprehensive insurance provides coverage for most other direct physical damage losses to your automobile, including theft. For example, damage to your car from a hailstorm will be covered under your comprehensive coverage.

Q. How is the cost of automobile insurance determined?
A. A number of factors can affect the cost of your automobile insurance policy, such as the type of car you drive, the purpose the car serves, your driving record, and where the car is garaged. Marital status may also be a factor in the cost of automobile insurance. Statistically, married people tend to have fewer and less costly accidents than do single people.

Home | About Us | Our Services | Home Quote | Auto Quote | Commercial Quote | How Can We Help You?
Client Testimonials | Claims Information | View Our Affiliates | Refer A Friend | Contact Us

©2009 All rights reserved. Ford Insurance Agency.